DarJeeling:The Hills Which Stole My Heart

Because I have been blowing my trumpet extremely loudly about my vacation. I have finally decided write a post about it .(after being nagged by everyone).

Here’s the deal I am a Himachali by origins. Yes I belong to hills and had gone to a vacation to a Hill Station.  I will give you all a minute to make Fun of that!


Being All "Touristy"
                                          
But anyways  Trust me when I say that  Darjeeling is like no other Hill Station. I say this from my experience of growing up in mountains.






The Place

Imagine getting up to a White Mist hugging you and seeing greenery as far as your eyes take you. And on top of that the beautiful  Sky whose colors can change from Cheery Orange To Threatening Purple in a minute. Every time you look up you get an Instagram Worthy Picture. It seems he sky is posing for you and your Camera.
View From My Quarters


The scenery seems right out an artist’s canvas which a Rich BusinessMan would pay millions to buy. I can go on forever about it.

View while Driving
But What really  gets is that it’s  exactly how you expect a quaint place to look like. Amazing Bakery’s at every corner and Bookstores to go with them.

Darjeeling  seems to be happy that you are visiting her. Like a loving grandmother she pampers you so bad that you won’t want to leave her house and go back.

The Food

The mouth Watering Smell of Momo’s and the warm kisses of the bakery around every bend. Darjeeling is in West Bengal  and is  3 hours away from Gangtok the capital of Sikkim. The food there is So exciting  that deciding what to eat will be the most difficult thing you will do on your vacation.
Making My Tummy Happy!
Dont forget to check out Glenary's
                                                                               
                                                                           .
                                                                                                       
The Tea

Even though this comes under food I had to section this out. Darjeeling Teas is famous all over the world.


Green Tea Love
Hill at work
 I strongly suggest you to try the "Lemon tea". Its heavenly. Even if you aren’t a Tea Maniac like me. I bet you will be mesmerized  by the luscious Tea Plantations. Plus the cute women who are picking out tea wave Hellos to you and try out your hand at picking.





                                                                                         The People

The Elderly Monk




It’s quite an interesting bag. From well read Monks to Extremely polite Locals. Good looking Foreigners and adamant shopkeepers. Get chatting with anyone and you’ll  see the love for this place sparkling in their eyes.





The Sights


Everything you see there is a sight. I swear! I am not Exaggerating.. the schools look like they have been pulled out of a Diseny movie. St. Pauls and St. Josephs are to die for. The Monastery and the fabulous toy train that roams the roads just like  any other car or bike. Not to miss out the Japanese Temple and the Peace Pagoda. Thats where I am standing.
The Japanese Temple 

The zoo is amazing they have a  RED PANDA!! I almost dies from cuteness overload.
Red Panda
My BAE

The roads alone are amazing stand anywhere and make  your next Profile Picture.

P.s: Always keep an Umbrella handy you never know when you might need one!








TheHotMessExpress signing off!

Comments

  1. Good one! And u r so right the umbrella...coz when we went there for my holiday, we had to urgently buy an umbrella the first day we set out for sightseeing, Here's my blog on my Darjeeling trip - http://shaivikafunda.blogspot.in/2013/02/darjeeling-down-memory-lane-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont you just wish to stay here..forever :)

      Delete

Post a Comment